HERAN Partners is a Belgian-based investment fund founded by Annie Vereecken together with Katleen Vandersmissen, Joris Mortelmans and Herman Verrelst within the sector of MedTech and Digital Health. We believe that the combination of data and technology will further determine the future of our healthcare.
With a clear focus on European HealthTech, the fund provides venture & growth capital accompanied by a strong network, expertise and mentorship to start-ups and scale-ups with a strong technology platform and market potential. We strive to have impact!
During a period of at least 3 months, you will become a fulltime part of the team which manages the HERAN HealthTech Fund I. You will be involved in all aspects of the business from deal flow sourcing & due diligence to managing the portfolio and preparing companies for exit. As part of the internship, you will support the team throughout various areas of focus, including the following:
· Actively scouting markets of interest of investment targets – e.g.: omics space, digital pathology, etc.
· Mapping out markets and value chains from manufacturing/development throughout the clinical pathway
· Performing technical due diligence to fully comprehend new innovations in the healthcare industry
· Tracking new trends & innovations
· Supporting the team during due diligence on new investment opportunities by gathering information from various sources and synthesising in an appropriate format in order to present it to the broader team
· Reviewing business plans and commercial go-to-market strategies
· Building Excel models for valuations, business plan, and simulations for investment
· Participate in biweekly Partner Meetings where incoming deal flow is discussed and potential interest is assessed by the entire team
· Supporting strategic research project to help determine the optimal go-to-market strategy& clinical applications
· Creating frameworks allowing portfolio companies to build/revise their business plan
· Developing or updating capitalisation tables to remain up to date with financing events
· Market research to identify new trends, potential partners, and exit routes
· Gathering and synthesising market intelligence which can help determine the strategic direction going forward
· Reviewing HERAN peers to compile potential co-investors for the existing portfolio companies in light of their stage of development
· Benchmarking financial performance of existing portfolio against listed companies or recently acquired companies – on company level as well as on fund level
· Drafting competitive landscapes and highlighting potential threats to the company’s current business model/technology
· Building buyers’ universes to identify likely acquirers and comparing their previous M&A track record to the milestones the company has reached or is yet to reach
· Compiling a group of similar transactions to support the valuation expectations during financing rounds or at exit
· Master's degree in Economics/ Finance/Business Engineering/ Sciences
· Full proficiency in English and Dutch
· Sound skills in Microsoft Office
· Excellent grades
· Affinity or deep interest in the healthcare space and which innovations drive the industry in the future
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to summarise and present findings
· No-nonsense mindset with a self-starter attitude allow him/her/them to work independently
· Positive attitude
· No-nonsense approach
· Team spirit
· Curious about innovative technologies and entrepreneurship
A working environment where you can learn the skills required to succeed in the Venture Capital industry, a arm’s length compensation, excellent learning opportunity from the entire team which has a broad experience from entrepreneurship to financial engineering & science. Our office is located in the heart of Antwerp.
Are you up for the challenge? Send us your CV and cover letter stating the desired internship period.
Please note that your grading list is a mandatory step in the application process. Without these documents we cannot process your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com